About the Beat the Backlist challenge
The Beat the Backlist reading challenge is hosted by NovelKnight. The aim is to tackle your ever-growing TBR list by reading books printed before the challenge year. The challenge is open all year so if you want to sign up you can do so here!
Why join the challenge?
Last year was my first year as a book blogger. And let’s just say I got a little bit over enthusiast with the ARC requests and book purchases. I was also studying and working full-time and I overestimated how much reading I could take on. My studies are done for now so I’m taking the opportunity to get on top of my list.
As a side note, this is my first book related challenge so I’m quite excited to get onboard.
What’s on my backlist shelf?
I’ve started adding my backlist to a Goodreads shelf, listed below. This is an RSS feed so it’ll update as I add books.
- The Dark Vault
- Winter in Wartime
- Jane Seymour: The Haunted Queen (Six Tudor Queens, #3)
- The Farm
- The Ghost's Child
- Strange Ink
- Mister Pip
- The Gallows Pole
- Tilly and the Time Machine
- A Place Called Perfect (Perfect, #1)
- The Raven's Children
- Mirror Magic
- Moonlocket (The Cogheart Adventures, #2)
- Cogheart (The Cogheart Adventures, #1)
- The Lost Vintage
- Lustre of Lost Things, The
- The Silent Companions
- Race to the Frozen North: The Matthew Henson Story
- When We Caught Fire
- The Black Prince
- A Dangerous Game
- Still Water
- The Haunting of Drearcliff Grange School
- Black Wings of Cthulhu (Volume Six)
- Glass Town Wars
- The Magic Misfits 2: The Second Story
- Amateur: A True Story About What Makes a Man
- The Christmas Card Crime and Other Stories
- Murder by Matchlight
- Sherlock Holmes and the Sussex Sea-Devils (The Cthulhu Casebooks #3)
- In Miniature: How Small Things Illuminate the World
How about the Hogwarts Mini Challenge?
There’s an entirely optional challenge where you join your Hogwarts house and gain points for every backlist book you read. I don’t often tell people my Hogwarts house but on this occasion I’m proud to say I’m team Hufflepuff!
What’s the plan?
Initially, I’m going to finish up all the books I’m currently reading. After that, I’m going to try to alternate pre-2019 and 2019 books until I’m on top of things.
I’ll keep you all updated with my progress as we go along!
Are you taking on the Beat the Backlist reading challenge for 2019? Let me know in the comments below! How do you beat your backlist?