About the Beat the Backlist challenge
The Beat the Backlist reading challenge is hosted by NovelKnight. The aim is to tackle your ever-growing TBR list by reading books printed before the challenge year. The challenge is open all year so if you want to sign up you can do so here!
Why join the challenge?
Last year was my first year as a book blogger. And let’s just say I got a little bit over enthusiast with the ARC requests and book purchases. I was also studying and working full-time and I overestimated how much reading I could take on. My studies are done for now so I’m taking the opportunity to get on top of my list.
As a side note, this is my first book related challenge so I’m quite excited to get onboard.
What’s on my backlist shelf?
I’ve started adding my backlist to a Goodreads shelf, listed below. This is an RSS feed so it’ll update as I add books.
- Still Water
- Amateur: A True Story About What Makes a Man
- Strange Ink
- A Dangerous Game
- Race to the Frozen North: The Matthew Henson Story
- The Dark Vault
- Winter in Wartime
- Jane Seymour: The Haunted Queen (Six Tudor Queens, #3)
- The Ghost's Child
- The Farm
- The Gallows Pole
- Mister Pip
- The Raven's Children
- A Place Called Perfect (Perfect, #1)
- Tilly and the Time Machine
- Moonlocket (The Cogheart Adventures, #2)
- Cogheart (The Cogheart Adventures, #1)
- Mirror Magic
- The Silent Companions
- Lustre of Lost Things, The
- The Lost Vintage
- When We Caught Fire
- The Haunting of Drearcliff Grange School
- The Black Prince
- The Magic Misfits 2: The Second Story
- Glass Town Wars
- Black Wings of Cthulhu (Volume Six)
- Murder by Matchlight
- The Christmas Card Crime and Other Stories
- Sherlock Holmes and the Sussex Sea-Devils (The Cthulhu Casebooks #3)
- In Miniature: How Small Things Illuminate the World
How about the Hogwarts Mini Challenge?
There’s an entirely optional challenge where you join your Hogwarts house and gain points for every backlist book you read. I don’t often tell people my Hogwarts house but on this occasion I’m proud to say I’m team Hufflepuff!
What’s the plan?
Initially, I’m going to finish up all the books I’m currently reading. After that, I’m going to try to alternate pre-2019 and 2019 books until I’m on top of things.
I’ll keep you all updated with my progress as we go along!
Are you taking on the Beat the Backlist reading challenge for 2019? Let me know in the comments below! How do you beat your backlist?