A huge thank you to Hannah of Hannah’s Bookshelf for tagging me for this rather brutal challenge!
Answer the questions given to you by your nominator.
Make up your own questions and tag others.
Sounds easy, right? Well, let’s see…!
Would you rather go to Hogwarts or Narnia?
That’s an easy one – Narnia. I’M JOKING. Obviously, it would have to be Hogwarts. I’d love to go to Hogwarts and study Potions, even with Snape – particularly with Snape.
Would you rather be an author or a publisher?
A publisher, definitely. I love reading but I don’t have a strong pull towards writing or being an author. Although I think publishing is a tough job and it strikes me as being something not for the faint-hearted.
Would you rather have your favourite book turned into a movie or a TV show? Also, what is your favourite book?!
Oh god, can I say neither? I very rarely enjoy book adaptations – I’m a purist. Having said that, my favourite book is Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier and I love the TV adaptation with Charles Dance, so I’ll say TV. I would watch Charles Dance read his shopping list. ❤
Would you rather dog-ear your pages or never be able to mark your page?
Easy, never mark my page. I rarely do this anyway and you’ll never find my books dog-earred (heathens).
Would you rather be a character in Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter? (What kind of character would you be?)
OK, confession time – I’ve never read LOTR and I don’t plan to! I’d defintely be a Harry Potter character and I think I’d be a terrified Hufflepuff who stayed in the background but came out during the final battle and did some damage, and then apologised profusely afterwards.
Would you only be able to read one book forever or to never read the same book twice?
Never read the same book twice.
Would you rather lend a book to someone who dog-ears pages or stains the pages?
I tell you what, it’d be the last time I lent them a book that’s for sure. I think I’d actually go for stains.
Would you rather have dinner with your favourite character or your favourite author? Who would it be?
I’m going to say favourite author but I’d not go for dinner with Daphne du Maurier – I’d go with Michelle Obama. She just seems like the most wonderful person!
Would you rather read a book that ends with a huge cliffhanger or read one where your favourite character dies?
I’d rather read one where my favourite character dies, because I have never gotten over not knowing how Hazel carries on after Gus’ death in The Fault in Our Stars. 😥
Would you rather live in a library or a bookshop?
Wow, that is so tricky! I think a library because I’d go mad watching people walking into a bookshop, scanning the barcode on their phone and declaring it’s “cheaper online”. So much rage.
My questions and who I’m tagging
- Would you rather be stuck on a long plane/train journey without a book or with a book you know you hate?
- Would you rather live in the world in your current read for the rest of your life or continue to live your real life?
- Would you rather have books for free but have them in your least preferred format, or have to pay a high price for all your books in your most preferred format?
- Would you rather be a famous author and never read again, or never write again and be able to read anything you like?
- Would you rather go to Hogwarts or be given enough money to be comfortable for the rest of your life?
- Would you rather have to read the last chapter of every new book first, or never read the last chapter?
- It’s the end of the world. Would you rather get stuck in a bookshop and have to risk your life to find food, or get stuck in a supermarket/grocery store without anything to read?
- Would you rather have to listen to amazing audiobooks with an irritating narrator or listen to rubbish books with a wonderful narrator?
- Would you rather read a book where the page was missing with a dramatic twist or a book where the author doesn’t know the difference between there, their, and they’re?
- Would you rather read a book that transports you to the past or the future?
But all are welcome to do the tag!
If you do the tag, don’t forget to comment with your link below!
Wishing you a bookish week,